Technology & Operations
The AFME Technology & Operations Committee was initiated in 2016 as a point of focus within the industry for stakeholders to engage on technology and operational matters.
The Committee comprises senior operations and technology leaders who convene on matters of policy, advocacy and collective interest.The Committee seeks to achieve greater efficiency and manage risk more effectively by:
- Driving collaboration across the technology and business operations of member firms
- Directing advocacy at policy makers, regulators and government engaged in technology policy development
- Partnering with other trade associations with common interests around technology and operations
- Managing execution of cross-industry change impacting technology & operations
The Committee is focused on four main areas:
- Cyber Risk – The expanding threat from cyber crime impacting the industry, and how members can take a position between the industry and global regulators that promotes improved standards and harmonisation in how to respond, manage and prepare
- Fintech – The accelerating and increasingly disparate landscape for technology innovation and emerging industry participants, and how members can contribute to emerging standards and the increased dialogue with regulators as the opportunities and risks in this area increase. Our recent response to the Commission’s consultation on Fintech can be found here
- Utilities – The increased importance and priority amongst members to focus on non-competitive functions and costs, examining the opportunities for industry operational leaders under existing regulatory appetite, seeking perspectives and input from special interest industry participants
- Recovery & Resolution – The response needed to address the needs of increasingly resilient technology infrastructure, and operational processes, and how this aligns to existing regulation and how the industry can support this intent robustly and at lower cost
What is the role of the AFME Technology and Operations division?
Find out more about AFME's Tech & Ops Division:
- Presentation to AFME Tech & Ops Committee by Janine Hirt of Innovate Finance on Fintech investment
- Q&A with AFME Tech & Ops Committee and Innovate Finance, Novastone, Onfido and Sybernetix
- What is important for the future?
- Why is the European Commission Consultation on Fintech so important?
- Where is the Tech & Ops division focusing?
Alicia Pertusa Santos, Chair
Graeme Munro, Vice-Chair
Crédit Agricole CIB
Deutsche Bank AG
Marnix van Stiphout
Lloyds Banking Group
Northern Trust Corp