Technology & Operations
The Technology and Operations Division focuses on regional and global technology and security policy, best practice and member education.
The Division is led by a Committee of senior Technology and Operations leaders from AFME board member firms. The Committee advocates for innovation, technology and cybersecurity policy that can drive growth and stability in European and global capital markets by:
- Driving collaboration across the technology and business operations of member firms
- Directing advocacy at policy makers, regulators and government engaged in technology policy development
- Partnering with other trade associations with common interests around technology and operations
- Managing execution of cross-industry change impacting technology & operations
The Division is focused on three priority areas:
- Innovation and New Technologies: Supporting innovation, the adoption of new technologies, and regulatory change (e.g. Artificial Intelligence, Distributed Ledger Technology, Digital Assets, Cloud Computing)
- Cybersecurity and Resilience: Identifying and responding to Cybersecurity risks and emerging frameworks (e.g. penetration testing, operational resilience)
- Operational Cost and Efficiency: Achieving cost reduction and efficiency gains through process and technology change (e.g. industry utilities, outsourcing, future skills and workforce)
The Technology and Operations Committee is supported by a wide range of technical working groups that deliver against the objectives of each priority area.
What is the role of the AFME Technology and Operations division?
Find out more about AFME's Tech & Ops Division:
- Presentation to AFME Tech & Ops Committee by Janine Hirt of Innovate Finance on Fintech investment
- AFME & IMN/Euromoney present the Global Innovation Institute (GI2) – Transforming Global Capital Markets through Technology (20-21 September 2018)
- Q&A with AFME Tech & Ops Committee and Innovate Finance, Novastone, Onfido and Sybernetix
- What is important for the future?
- Why is the European Commission Consultation on Fintech so important?
- Where is the Tech & Ops division focusing?
Graeme Munro, Chair
Cecile Bartenieff, Vice-Chair
Crédit Agricole CIB
Guillaume de Beaufort
Deutsche Bank AG
Marnix van Stiphout
Lloyds Banking Group
Northern Trust Corp