AFME is proud to have signed up to the Women in Finance Charter.
The Charter aims to improve gender balance at all levels in financial services, with a particular focus on senior management.
By signing the Women in Finance Charter, AFME has pledged to:
- set a target of 30% female representation in senior management by January 2021;
- publish annual progress against this target on our website;
- have a member of our senior executive team who is responsible and accountable for gender diversity and inclusion; and
- have an intention to ensure the pay of the senior executive team is linked to delivery against these internal targets on gender diversity.
Beverley Vince, HR and Operations Director at AFME said: “We are proud to be joining many of our member firms in signing up to the Women in Finance Charter. The number of women at board and executive committee level is gradually improving in European financial services, although there is still much work to do in boosting female representation. We believe that being more representative of society brings benefits across the board, from better workplace culture through to improved financial performance.”
October 2020 update:
AFME currently has 22% female representation at senior management level, which includes Managing Directors, the Senior Management Team and the CEO. While we have not yet reached our target of 30% in the past year, AFME has initiated a number of actions to improve this number.
In support of these goals, AFME has already implemented, or intends to introduce, the following actions to help achieve our target:
- Retention: Covid has accelerated our flexible working agenda supporting employees in working from home effectively and particularly helping working parents in working more agilely. We are moving towards more of a location agnostic environment that provides increased work flexibility.
- Behaviour and Culture: We have developed a more strategic approach to all strands of diversity and inclusion and brought them together under one banner creating ‘The AFME Allies’ chaired by a member of the Senior Management Team who is able to promote and market activities at the leadership level.
- Conferences & Events: AFME are taking a lead within Financial Services developing our voice with the D&I agenda. With our membership we have held very successful industry conferences highlighting mental health in the workplace and have supported the work of WIBF. This year we have introduced our pledge to ensure that our conferences and events improve gender and other diversity parity amongst conference programme keynote speakers and panellists.