Through our work, we seek to inform regulators and policymakers about the potential impact of Brexit on our members and their clients, with a particular focus on the importance of maintaining market efficiency and financial stability. We also seek to support our members throughout the process.
AFME takes a firmly fact-based approach in our engagement on Brexit, acting as a bridge for conveying market expertise and insight to policymakers and regulators across Europe.
Our work has included:
- Highlighting the implications of Brexit for banks and end users of wholesale markets;
- Identifying risks and uncertainties arising from a no-deal scenario and Working with our members, policymakers and regulators to address these;
- Supporting our members through the process by keeping them updated and providing a forum to consider regulatory issues;
- Engaging with EU and UK policymakers and regulators;
- Providing input on relevant legislative changes and temporary permission regimes in the UK and EU