The Securitisation division focuses on financial markets policy issues, development of best practices and member education.
The securitisation division works to:
- Build consensus within the industry on issues of broad importance to the participants involved.
- Educate the securitisation community and related stakeholders about the benefits of, and market developments in, securitisation.
- Conduct substantive, high-quality conferences, workshops and educational programmes.
- Provide member firms with a forum to discuss industry issues and concerns.
- Eliminate inefficiencies in market practice and regulation.
- Facilitate the development of best practices and industry standards.
- Contribute industry expertise to informed debates about regulation.
- Serve as a resource to help policy makers, media, and private individuals understand the securitisation markets.
The projects the AFME working groups are involved in range from informal discussion groups to formal responses to government consultations. The division collaborates with other major European and global associations involved with securitisation issues, including the Securities Industry and Financial Markets Association (SIFMA), and the Asia Securities Industry and Financial Markets Association (ASIFMA), to promote a consistent approach for development of the securitisation industry globally.
Lynn Maxwell, Chair
Rob Ford, Vice-Chair
TwentyFour Asset Management
Allen & Overy
Diego Martin Pena
Crédit Agricole CIB
Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer
Lloyds Banking Group
Standard & Poor's
Structured Finance Management