Post Trade focuses on the creation of a single integrated post-trading process for securities transactions in Europe.
The Post Trade Division seeks to achieve harmonisation, standardisation and consolidation through best practice and regulation. Providing clearing, settlement and custody solutions to reduce costs and risks of market participants, the division’s work covers the operational, legal, tax, and regulatory aspects of post-trading.
- GFMA Legal Entity Identifier
- Market Standards for Corporate Actions Processing: Revised 2012 - Updated 2015
- Buyer Protection Instruction March-May 2014
- Contribute to the European Commission’s Capital Markets Union project in the post trade space
- Represent and support members in the process of the T2S system being implemented
- Help define CSD Regulation and its implementation;
- Promote, monitor and verify the implementation of the Markets Standards for Corporate Actions
- Actively support the work of the European Post Trade Forum (EPTF)
- Lead the industry initiative to harmonise and standardise ETF processes
AFME Post Trade Due Diligence Questionnaire (December 2017)
Webinar: What you need to know about CSDR
AFME Director of Post Trade, Stephen Burton, discusses the major challenges for CSD Regulation in this Euroclear webinar recording.
Listen to the CSDR webinar
Spanish Equity Cash Dividends: Market Practice for Failed Settlements
This document is intended to provide the details for a market practice to handle cash compensations (formally known within the industry as ‘market claims’), between trading counterparties, related to failed settlement of Spanish equity transactions over dividend record date (RD) post the market changes as part of the Spanish Market Reform (SMR).
Post Trade board
Martyn Nott, Chair
Bank of America Merrill Lynch
Justin Chapman, Co-Vice-Chair
Northern Trust Corp
Eric de Gay de Nexon, Co-Vice-Chair
BNY Mellon Asset Servicing