In the context of significant developments on anti-money laundering in recent months at the EU level, this Member Briefing discussed the significance of recent regulatory policy initiatives such as the European Commission’s proposal to reinforce the role of the EBA in anti-money laundering supervision and the recently adopted 4th and 5th Anti-Money Laundering Directives.
In this timely Briefing, Adam Willman, Director, Financial Crime and Tax Policy at AFME, gave an overview of recent developments before handing over to AFME’s Head of Compliance, Will Dennis, and industry experts, debated the challenges of how to effectively tackle money laundering while not unduly increasing the regulatory burden on firms.
Members were joined in the Briefing by:
- John Clarke, Money Laundering Reporting Officer, Standard Advisory London
- Susannah Cogman, Partner, Herbert Smith Freehills
- Will Dennis, Head of Compliance, AFME
- Rajiv Kapur, Executive Director - Risk & Policy Group, Financial Crime Compliance, Goldman Sachs
- Adam Willman, Director, Financial Crime and Tax Policy, AFME