About the conference
AFME’s inaugural European Compliance and Legal Conference took place on 19-20 September 2018 at De Vere Grand Connaught Rooms, London. It brought together a high-level audience to engage with leading industry experts and discuss key issues shaping the legal and compliance functions in the European financial sector. Individuals heard from the regulators on the latest developments, network with senior legal and compliance officers and discover how their peers and clients are navigating the new market landscape.
This event is designed for European legal and compliance professionals, the programme was created by AFME members, regulators and our sponsors.
Programme topics included;
- Brexit - implications for European wholesale banking legal and compliance functions
- surveillance - how will developments in RegTech, FinTech impact compliance and litigation?
- enforcement – regulatory trends and lessons for the banking & finance industry
- culture - implementing change in your business and reviewing compliance officers' liabilities
- data protection - implications of the EU GDPR for the financial services industry
- financial crime – understanding new rules, implementing change and tackling cyber crime
- operational resilience - legal challenges and continuity requirements