The AFME MiFID Symposium has now passed. Click here to view details AFME’s next regulatory event, the European Compliance & Legal Conference 2018, 1 & 2 October in London.
About the symposium
AFME's MiFID Symposium was held on Monday 11 June 2018 kindly hosted by Linklaters.
This symposium brought together leading experts in both European and global financial markets to assess MiFIDII/MiFIR and discuss the potential next steps in the evolution of this key European legislation.
- Dr Kay Swinburne, MEP, Vice Chairman of the Economic and Monetary Affairs Committee, The European Parliament
- Tilman Lüder, Head of the Securities Markets Unit, European Commission
- Philippe Guillot, Executive Director, Autorité des Marchés Financiers (AMF)
- Joelle Tarrant, Director, Global Head of Market Structure, HSBC
- Elisa Menardo, Director, Public Policy Europe and UK, Credit Suisse
- Mark Hemsley, President, CBOE Europe
- Rudolf Siebel, Managing Director, BVI (German Investment Funds Association)
- Fabio Braga, Team Leader and Technical Specialist, Financial Conduct Authority
- Mhairi Jackson, Manager, Wholesale Conduct Policy Team, Financial Conduct Authority
- Extraterritoriality: Impacts of MiFID II on global financial markets
- Brexit: The relationship between, MiFID II, EU withdrawal and third countries
- Market structure: Challenges and opportunities of evolution post MiFID II?
- Data: Has liquidity, transparency and data quality improved?
- Research: How has the industry changed for producers and consumers?
All relevant market participants including investment firms, law firms, consultancies, APAs, venues, data/software vendors, third party suppliers, regulators, policy makers and other key stakeholders.
For event enquiries, please contact Jade, Senior Event Manager at email@example.com