Welcome to the website of the Association for Financial Markets in Europe (AFME). AFME has created this statement so that you understand our information-gathering and information-dissemination practices.The AFME website does not collect any personal identifying information about you unless you specifically and knowingly provide such information.
What we collect
If you provide it, we collect and keep information about how to reach you (such as name, title, firm, mailing and e-mail address, phone and fax number) and information about which specific markets, functional areas, and types of information are pertinent to you. We use this to help us send you information that is useful to you, and to avoid bothering you with information that isn't.
When we collect it
This information is only collected when you fill out an online form or respond to one of our e-mail notices. Submitting personal information is not required to use the AFME website, except to access portions of the site that are protected by a password.
What we do with it
- Data gathered with order forms/registration forms/contact information forms: we'll keep track of your address so that it's easier for you to reregister or reorder. Other information is gathered so that we can bill you or ship the products to you.
- When you ask for a password: if you're asked for some information when you apply for a password to secure pages, it's used to generate a password and communicate password and other pertinent information to you.
- If you're interested in web page subscriptions: when you subscribe to a page, we use your email address only to send you a notice when the page is updated.
- We may disclose information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, such as to respond to a subpoena or similar legal process, and to otherwise cooperate with law enforcement or regulatory authorities.
- You should be aware that your business contact information may also be provided to third party vendors that are sponsors or exhibitors at AFME conferences. In addition, your business contact information may be used to send you information about AFME or any of its events or activities. You can choose to "opt out" of any electronic mailings.
- We also track users by IP address and by cookies for broad demographic data, as well as to help make sure that we're delivering the information you want.