Women in Finance Charter
AFME is proud to have signed up to the Women in Finance Charter.
The Charter aims to improve gender balance at all levels in financial services, with a particular focus on senior management.
By signing the Women in Finance Charter, AFME has pledged to:
- set a target of 30% female representation in senior management by January 2021;
- publish annual progress against this target on our website;
- have a member of our senior executive team who is responsible and accountable for gender diversity and inclusion; and
- have an intention to ensure the pay of the senior executive team is linked to delivery against these internal targets on gender diversity.
Simon Lewis, Chief Executive at AFME said: “We are proud to be joining many of our member firms in signing up to the Women in Finance Charter. The number of women at board and executive committee level is gradually improving in European financial services, although there is still much work to do in boosting female representation. We believe that being more representative of society brings benefits across the board, from better workplace culture through to improved financial performance.”
September 2019 update:
AFME currently has 22% female representation at senior management level (which includes Managing Directors, the Senior Management Team and the CEO). While we have not yet reached our target of 30% in the short to medium term, AFME is dedicated to improving this number over the longer term by the 2021 goal date.
Simon Lewis, CEO, is responsible for gender diversity and inclusion at AFME.
In support of these goals, AFME has already implemented, or intends to introduce, the following actions to help achieve our target:
- For events organised by AFME, every effort is made to ensure representation from male and female keynote speakers and panellists
- Increase diversity and inclusion activities within AFME, such as the establishment of our Women’s Network.
- Increase our focus on retention and promotion, for example, through flexible working.
- Develop a company-wide diversity and inclusion policy.