Terms and conditions
Welcome to the website of the Association for Financial Markets in Europe (AFME). AFME has created this statement so that you understand our information-gathering and information-dissemination practices.The AFME website does not collect any personal ident
3. Materials. The Site includes without limitation: consultation responses; reports; research; position papers; briefing notes; model form documents, templates and agreements; legal opinions; protocols, guidelines; best practices; surveys; statistics; data reports; market data; indices; exercises; training materials; research materials; newsletters; other documents and other information (each a "Material" and collectively, "Materials"). AFME makes no representations, warranties or guarantees, express or implied, as to the accuracy, completeness, timeliness, or continued availability of any Materials. AFME has no obligation whatsoever to correct, supplement, update, or maintain any of the Materials.
4. No Advice. The Materials are intended for general informational purposes only, and are not intended to provide, and do not constitute, investment, tax, regulatory, business or legal advice to any individual or entity. Visitors are urged to consult with their own advisors before taking any action based on the Materials or any website or information to which the Site links or refers.
5. Licence to Use. We grant you a limited, personal, non-exclusive, non-transferable licence to use our Materials solely for your own personal use. You acknowledge and agree that you are prohibited from reproducing, copying, modifying, loaning, selling, distributing, exploiting, extracting, creating derivative works of or otherwise communicating or making available to third parties any of the Materials or other information on the Site without our prior written consent.
6. Links to Third Party Sites. The Site contains links to websites controlled by parties other than AFME (each a "Third Party Site"). AFME is not responsible for and does not endorse or accept any responsibility for the availability, contents, products, services or use of any Third Party Site, any website accessed from a Third Party Site or any changes or updates to such sites. AFME makes no guarantees about the content or quality of the products or services provided by such sites. AFME is providing these links to you only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by AFME of the Third Party Site, nor does it imply that AFME sponsors, is affiliated or associated with, guarantees, or is legally authorised to use any trade name, registered trademark, logo, legal or official seal, or copyrighted symbol that may be reflected in the links. You acknowledge that you bear all risks associated with access to and use of content provided on a Third Party Site and agree that AFME is not responsible for any loss or damage of any sort you may incur from dealing with a third party.
7. Your conduct. Our forums and any other pages of the Site where you are capable of posting material are provided for the exchange of lawful, relevant, fair and appropriate information, opinions, materials and comment. You acknowledge that all information, data (including registration data), text, software, music, sound, photographs, graphics, video, messages and other materials ("Content"), whether publicly posted or privately transmitted, are the sole responsibility of the person from which such Content originated. AFME accepts no responsibility for, and does not guarantee, the accuracy, completeness, integrity or quality of any Content placed on our Site by you or any third party. If you object to anything anywhere on this Site, please let us know by sending an appropriately worded email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You agree not to:
- upload any Content that is unlawful, harmful, objectionable, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise discriminatory;
- impersonate any person or entity, including, but not limited to, an AFME staff member, AFME member, forum leader, guide or host, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- upload, post, email or otherwise transmit any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, damage, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- collect or store personal data about other users.
8. Viruses. We do not guarantee that the Site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses. You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform in order to access the Site. You should use your own virus protection software.
9. No warranty. The Site and all Materials are provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis. To the fullest extent permitted by law, AFME expressly disclaims all warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, including but not limited to implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement.
AFME makes no warranty that: (a) the Site or the Materials will meet your requirements; (b) the Site or the Materials will be available on an uninterrupted, timely, secure or error-free basis; (c) the results that may be obtained from the use of the Site or any Materials or applications will be accurate or reliable; or (d) the quality of any services, Materials or other material obtained by you through the Site or otherwise or in reliance on the Materials will meet your expectations.
Obtaining any Materials is done at your own discretion and risk. AFME shall have no responsibility for any damage to your computer system or loss of data that results from the download of any content, materials, information or software.
Except as prohibited by law, if there is liability found on the part of AFME, it will be limited to the amount paid (if any) for the products and/or services.
11. Compliance with Intellectual Property Laws. All articles, information, Materials and other materials presented on the Site are subject to copyright, trade mark right and/or other intellectual property rights owned by or licensed to AFME. You are prohibited from reproducing, extracting, providing links to or otherwise communicating or making available to third parties any part of the content of this Site without AFME’s written consent. You acknowledge that, by making use of the Site, you are agreeing to comply with this prohibition and that any breach thereof is likely to result in legal proceedings being issued against you.
Association for Financial Markets in Europe® and AFME® are registered trademarks of the Association for Financial Markets in Europe. Unauthorised use of these and any other trademarks owned by AFME is prohibited.
12. Linking to the AFME Site. You may link to content in the Site for informational purposes only as long as you agree: (i) to use a textual URL to link to content in the Site (you may not use our logo without prior written consent); (ii) not to frame or use any framing techniques to enclose any content on the Site; (iii) not to imply AFME's affiliation or endorsement of your product or service. AFME reserves the right to request the removal of any links from your site. All such requests must be granted immediately.
For specific questions, please email email@example.com.