AFME is pleased to circulate its Q1 2022 Securitisation Data Report.
- In Q1 2022, EUR 64.3 bn of securitised product was issued in Europe, a decrease of 35.8% from Q4 2021 and an increase of 31.6% from Q1 2021.
- Of the EUR 64.3 bn issued, EUR 33.1 bn was placed, representing 51.5% of the total, compared to 46.7% of issuance in Q4 2021 and 61.3% of issuance in Q1 2021.
- Among placed issuance, UK RMBS, Pan-European CLOs and German Auto ABS led placed totals, with EUR 14.1 bn, EUR 10.2 bn and EUR 1.7 bn of issuance, respectively.
- Outstanding volumes (ex-CLOs) decreased to EUR 987.6 bn at the end of Q1 2022, a decrease of 0.53% QoQ and a decrease of 0.02% YoY.
- Simple, transparent and standardised (STS) securitisation issuance: European placed STS securitisation issuance, as a proportion of total placed issuance (STS+non-STS), decreased to 19.9% during Q1, 2022, down from 23.0% in Q1 2021 and 37.3% in Q1 2020.
- Credit Quality: In Europe, the proportion of upgrades as a percentage of rating actions decreased during Q1 2022, when upgrades comprised 88% of total rating actions by the main Credit Rating Agencies (CRAs), down from 92% of total rating actions during Q4 2021.
- We provide a detailed regulatory update with some of the most relevant PanEuropean initiatives for the securitisation market.