About the conference
AFME's European NPLs Conference: Connecting the dots took place on Tuesday 22 May 2018 in Brussels, Belgium and was hosted by BNP Paribas Fortis.
Given the complexity of upcoming European regulatory measures, the high level of European NPLs, and the existing market opportunities to facilitate NPL portfolio management, this conference will provide a timely and informative overview of the European NPL environment, as well as a summary and analysis of the European Council’s NPL Action Plan.
The first panel included the European Commission, the European Banking Authority, the European Systemic Risk Board and the European Central Bank – the four entities that have been tasked with implementing the action plan, while subsequent panels will take a more detailed looked at the various aspects of the action plan, including:
- The latest European regulatory initiatives on NPLs
- Existing opportunities in the loan sales and NPL markets
- Recent trends in the loan servicing industry, including future market consolidation
- Insolvency reform and the potential for convergence of EU legal frameworks to assist loan resolution
- Supervisory expectations, prudential backstops and strategic management of NPLs
- NPL data reporting and management
Speakers included leading regulators, banks, law firms, investors, national asset management companies, restructuring advisors, accounting firms, loan servicers and others.
The conference provided attendees with a Europe-wide overview of the European NPL environment, as well as an opportunity to hear from and speak with a wide array of practitioners and decision makers.
150 relevant market participants including banks, investors, law firms, restructuring advisors, loan servicing firms, policy makers and other stakeholders from a wide range of industries.
For any questions regarding the conference, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org