The Association for Financial Markets in Europe (AFME) is seeking to appoint a full time Manager, Technology & Operations to work with the Managing Director, Technology & Operations and the members of our newly formed Technology and Operations Committee.
The Technology & Operations Committee comprises a number of the most senior operations and technology leaders within the Capital Markets industry, and you will have the opportunity to work alongside them on strategic initiatives of shared interest to AFME’s members.
You will assist in establishing and running working groups comprised of subject matter experts appointed by our member firms, and drive cross-industry collaboration around themes such as Fintech, cyber risk, industry utilities, and operational resolution, as well as numerous other emerging issues and opportunities that face the capital markets industry.
Within AFME you can expect to collaborate, where their agenda overlaps into the technology and operations arena, with teams from our other Divisions: these include FX, Equities, Fixed Income, High Yield, Prudential Regulation, Post-Trade, Compliance, MiFID, Tax & Accounting Policy, and Financial Crime.
You can also expect to work closely with our Media, Events and Advocacy teams, public policy professionals at our member firms, representatives from European institutions and regulators, and representatives from other trade associations including AFME’s sister associations SIFMA and ASIFMA based in New York and Hong Kong, respectively as well as other industry associations.
Key activities / Decision areas
- Support industry working groups
- Draft consultation responses, industry standards, and advocacy plans
- Support communications and events strategies
- Coordinate governance activities for the Technology & Operations Committee
- Support execution of advocacy campaigns
- Act as a bridge between members and stakeholders such as regulators, policy-makers, and vendors
- Support the development and delivery of conference materials
- Coordinate with existing AFME working groups and committees