How we work
AFME acts as a bridge between the wholesale financial markets, politicians, regulators and the public.
Our core activities consist of:
- Advocacy - close dialogue with regulators to ensure that the industry's perspective is understood and carries weight
- Policy development - applying our market expertise to assist formulation of EU and national legislation
- Education - helping policymakers to understand the markets
- Communication - developing content, convening debates
- Co-ordination - bringing market participants and industry bodies to work together on the key issues for the sector
AFME divisions work with members, regulators, and policymakers to help develop a more sustainable and efficient financial industry.
Each division has a Board and/or Committee made up of members who guide its activities and take part in forums, working groups, and informal discussions to respond to regulatory reform proposals and develop best practices.