How we work
AFME acts as a bridge between the wholesale financial markets, politicians, regulators and the public.
Our core activities consist of:
- Advocacy - close dialogue with regulators to ensure that the industry's perspective is understood and carries weight
- Policy development - applying our market expertise to assist formulation of EU and national legislation
- Education - helping policymakers to understand the markets
- Communication - developing content, convening debates
- Co-ordination - bringing market participants and industry bodies to work together on the key issues for the sector
"As the voice of Europe’s capital markets, we understand the need to build constructive dialogue between our members and regulators. In our experience, an evidence-based approach brings the best results. – Simon Lewis, Chief Executive AFME"
AFME divisions work with members, regulators, and policymakers to help develop a more sustainable and efficient financial industry.
Each division has a Board and/or Committee made up of members who guide its activities and take part in forums, working groups, and informal discussions to respond to regulatory reform proposals and develop best practices.