The Prudential Regulation division focuses on the issues relating to changes to the global, EU and UK prudential regulatory frameworks.
Working proactively and reactively on regulatory, legislative and policy initiatives, the division provides members with a forum to discuss prudential issues and concerns with the aim of:
• seeking appropriate, measured and globally consistent regulatory outcomes;
• seeking quality policy developments;
• enhancing and maintaining AFME's status as a trusted interlocutor;
• fostering a regulatory dialogue with the industry; and
• contributing industry expertise to informed debates about regulation.
The division is advised by a Board, which sets its broad policy focus and objectives, and a Committee, which scrutinises proposed regulations and advises on technical matters.