Focusing on regional and cross-border commercial, regulatory and legal issues, the ECM division works to develop efficient and coordinated equity-raising transactions in Europe, the Middle East, and emerging market jurisdictions.
AFME staff work with teams of experts from member firms on projects ranging from informal discussion groups to formal responses to government consultations, with the aim of:
• Providing members with a forum to discuss industry issues and concerns.
• Eliminating the inefficiencies in market practice and regulation that increase cost and impede capital formation.
• Facilitating the development of good practice, industry standards and form documentation.
• Contributing industry expertise to informed debates about regulation.
• Serving as a resource to help policy makers, media and private individuals understand the equity capital markets.